Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello Room 21 Families!

This blog is for Room 21 parents and students! Many of the families that came to curriculum night suggested that I start a blog to help parents/students struggling with math homework. Information that you will eventually find on this blog will include:
  • any math strategies we are practicing in class
  • step-by-step instructions on the process that we go through as a class to solve problems in our current unit
  • website resources that might be useful for your child
FYI- many of the strategies that I will post will simply be pictures of the reference charts that the students and I created together in class. These will be very familiar to students and also very helpful if students hit a difficult spot in their homework.

I will also post the answer to each week's Problem of the Week on Friday. That way families who are working on it together can check their thinking!

Thank you for being patient as I get everything set up but I hope that this is a helpful tool for the families and students of Room 21.

Miss Sharpe

No comments:

Post a Comment